short report....

JAE and friends at Tramps and Le Zinc

Abstract:  My ears still hurt....what?

A fantastic time was had by all who went to this event.  I walked into
Tramps, hung up my coat and goodies at the coat check, and proceeded to
the bar for a beer.  Thinking the line was for drinks, it took me just a
few seconds to realize that Entwisle was standing there right in front of
me.  So I grabbed a beer and waited for the opportunity for a quick hello
and an autograph (several interesting items were being signed...e.g., a
NY liscense plate).  After a bit I met up with a few members of the
Who-list and also met several other great folks.  Exchanged stories and
ideas for a while while the dinner buffet took place.  Then suddenly the
band assembled themselves on the stage and cranked out an hour or so of
LOUD ENTWISTLE MUSIC, beginning with Heaven and Hell (I didn't note the
set list...I am sure others will report it).  The band members played an
excellent set; some mistakes and funny goofs.  One flaw was the sound
mix...it just wasn't that great.  Couldn't really make out the vocals
very well and there were some problems with feedback which made John
twitch and swear a few times.  Overall, though, it was quite a treat to
be there and the set was quite energetic...Steve L., you are one
excellent drummer!  Same goes for Mr. Townsend (guitar) and Mr. St. Jon
(keys)...excellent playing.

Following the gig we were all shuttled over to Le Zinc in
Limosines...kind of classy.  Le Zinc was a quiet enough place to gauge
the extent of ear-ringing, which is what most of us did when not getting
a few words to John and the band.  The DJ at the club occasionally put on
some Who which gave the crowd a bonus supply of quick energy.  John
seemed quite happy even though at times he was overwhelmed with people.
Well, I said I'd be short so I will end here.  I am still a bit foggy.  I
left the place around 1:30 to catch a train...passing off to others who
remained.....

John