RE: odds & ends from digests

Gary Lang notes, re: Quad film:
>I should qualify this:
>it's a masterpiece of films in the teenage angst genre. It's certainly
more
>affecting than say, American Graffitti.

I think the *album* was the masterpiece of teen angst, amongst many other
things.  The film was almost doomed to not living up to the high place I
had held the album for so many years (see "Tommy").  The fact that a
studio had to make the film marketable before it was even made (and thus
losing some of the nuance and imagery inherent in music vs. film) was
strike two.  The producers and directors did a good job for starting out
behind the curve.

I take responsibility for the first item, I blame the film industry for
the second.

OK,
KLW