Re: Everybody's gone surfin'

Robert, re:

>"The Who's Rarities", which combines the two "rarities" records on one CD. I
also used the version of "Heaven and Hell" from the same compilation.

THAT version of "Heaven and Hell" needs a severe overhaul! You can hear Keith
start out POUNDING at the drums, but all that very quickly fades into the
poor, mono mix. I hope by the time the new "Odds & Sods" rolls around that
they found the master tapes for it and fix it. It's one of my favorite Who
songs and the fact that the studio version is all screwed up doesn't make me
happy... (even the "broken glass" is muted on the CD version...)

wf