Re: Quadrophenia

Quad's commercial success or failure at the time its release matters only to
those who consider success, or failure, in terms of sales.  Sales then were
okay...The chart positions indicated sales were to folks exoecting Quad to be
another chapter of Who's Next.  Since it wasn't, and didn't have quite the
radio-friendly tracks that WN did, Quad dropped off the sales charts much
quicker.
    We're serious fans of the band, otherwise we wouldn't be having
discussions like this.  Quad had, and has, meaning beyond the # of units it
sold in 1973. If it has been a useless piece then, we wouldn't be diwscussing
it, listening to it, studying it, buying the MFSL gold disc, eagerly
anticipating the new MCA remix now...

Rock on.  Keep the faith.

J Stotts