Re[2]: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 11

>but i get the feeling that when pete thinks of WN or QUAD, he focuses only on
>a. what a disaster LH had become (to him, not me!) (here, glyns, clean this
>shit up!)_
>b. what an ordeal Q had been thru-out- Battersea, moonie, the stage shows,
>the commercial disappointment- this compounded exponetially the
>rage/bitterness he felt when ICSFM
>stiffed, too. [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[all IMHO]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Mike is absolutely right. Townshend was not happy that LIFEHOUSE was never
realized and he was further disappointed with QUADROPHENIA and its failure to
replace TOMMY.  I think these two points, and his participating in the TOMMY
movie contributed to his mid-70s malaise. THE WHO BY NUMBERS is an album written
by man who was criticizing and questioning his own ability to be creative ("you
at home can easily decide what's right, by glancing very briefly at the songs I
write").  Pete is a walking contradiction:  he doesn't like it that both he and
we are obsessed with the band's past, yet he continually wants to resurrect old
ideas and concepts.  Consider that he's tinkering with doing a stage version of
QUAD and a stage or film version of LIFEHOUSE.

>loved the robby the robot ref- WARNING WARNING will...penny...

          DANGER! DANGER!

          --jim