Re: 5 CD set

>But, the more obscure and defined you get, the less you sell.  A 5-CD
>live Who retrospective would have a hard time outselling Tom Petty's
>6-disc monster.

Bull Shit.  ***Properly marketed*** and properly mixed & mastered,
a live Who box set could blow the doors off Tom Petty's relatively
lame box set.  (I feel secure in saying this because I'm a strong fan
of both groups (and dozens of others)).  It continuously astounds me
that the Who remains relatively obscure.  Play anyone off the street
the new Who's Next, and if they don't have a religous experience,
they're dead!  MCA continuously fucks up this tremendous opportunity!  No
record company is intelligent, but at least Capitol, Atlantic, et al
know what their respective back catalogs are worth.

I mean, you *really* have to be a totally incompetent, way underfunded
marketing person not to be able to sell the Who in amazing numbers.
Especially now.

I won't say anything about Led Zepplin - I'm not a fan of theirs...

Chris