Re: The 5 CD Live Set

>          Mark L., et al.,
>
>          Mark, I believe that your heart is in the right place, and I
>          want a thorough retrospective, too.  But I find it hard to
>          believe that you or anybody else on this list (even Fang)
>          can directly sway Pete Townshend when Chris and Jon could
>          not.

Jim:

Perhaps not, but I would have the advantage of not being too close to
Townshend. This would give me room to work; room that J&C don't have. If I'm
not friends with Pete at the end, so what? I've lost nothing. They, it can
be assumed, wouldn't want to threaten their relationship. So I could take
risks that they dare not.
Negotiation is war. You have to use whatever methods are most effective, and
the less you have to lose the stronger your position. And of course, you
can't judge what method to use until you're face to face.
One never knows. Pete and I could get on well. It's only WF who assumes that
I would anger these people. I don't usually, you know. I deal with people on
this level (in a different business, of course) all of the time. I rarely
have a problem. And I also have 25 years of involvement (in one form or
another) in Rock music, so it's not like I would be at a total loss. I HAVE
dealt with Rock Stars before, even if in a different way.
But I suppose we'll never know for sure.

 Cheers                            ML