Re: Pete's guitar playing in 79 & 82

>Mark, re:
>
>>I think that we can assume that they would use a good as well as complete
>show.
>
>Don't assume anything. You would have thought that would have been the case
>for "Who's Last" and learned the mistakes of the same for "Join Together".

WF:
Well, I DO hope that "those in charge of The Who" aren't the same felows
that chose what ended up on those two albums. If so, they REALLY need our
assistance.

>>We also know that they recorded the `71 tour, as they planned to release
>>another live album (from which we've gotten Baby Don't You Do It, Bargain,
>>Going Down, and My Wife from so far) but decided that it sounded "too much
>>like LEEDS."
>
>Yes, they have San Fransico '72 and The Young Vic '71, possibly more, but not
>confirmed.

They were recording each and every show, as they would to get material for a
live album. Are you saying that the four released songs all came from SF?
First I've heard of that.

>Keep in mind this. People have to be paid to "track these tapes down". The
>payroll isn't unlimited. Look at "A Quick One". There was absolutely no
>excuse for that. Fortunately, with a little needling, it's being
>reconsidered. As for "My Generation", someone give me Shel Talmy's e-mail
>address!

How long have they been working on these remixes? And they haven't tracked
down all of the tapes yet? Boy, I wish I could be that slack at my job!

>>Good luck, and I'll be looking for it today myself...hoping it will get
>>down
>>here this fast.
>
>Sounds good! If I ever get out of here this morning, and don't freeze my
><Bev> in the <Riker> city and then the thing better <Riker> sound good!

I didn't come across any Who boots, as it turned out, but I did get two BBC
shows (Big Country and XTC) which are fantastic, and a Jam CD of rarities
including Disguises and So Sad About Us. In other words, it wasn't a total
loss...

>Gee, good thing we're friends! Someone not knowing us may think differently!

Perhaps...but why worry? A bit of "despite" is right along the lines of The
Who, wouldn't you say?

 Cheers                               ML