Re: bootleg ratings

In article <9601041325.AA18820@cichlid.raleigh.ibm.com>,
    "Thomas Narten" <narten@VNET.IBM.COM>  writes:
> ftp://ftp.ms.uky.edu/pub/mailing.lists/u2-list/).  Both of the other
> lists are quite a bit more organized and consistent than the who list

You have to be more specific than that if you are trying to make a
suggestion.

> Rather than just say "send me updates", I'd suggest putting together a
> form or template for folks to fill out for each entry in order to try
> and collect information in a consistent manner.

Have you even looked at the list that is there, RIGHT NOW, carefully?
Your "suggestion" has been there ever since the list was put up!!

> Here are samples from the u2 and rem lists: [...]

So?  What SPECIFICALLY about them is so superior to what we have now?
I list all the same information WHEN AVAILABLE.  Yes, the information
I have is incomplete.  You'll get no disagreement from me there.
Would you rather that I just made up stuff when I didn't have the
info?

Frankly, when I read your message it seems to say these things to me:

1. I don't like your list because information is missing

    Sorry, but I'm not omniscient and neither are other Who fans.
    I've included whatever information I had at the time of the last
    update.

2. Your lists aren't as "useful" to me as these other lists

    Leaving aside that one person's utility is another person's
    frivolity, your complaints about utility seem to stem from lack of
    information, so see #1.

3. You don't have a template for adding information

    Its right there in front of your eyes, but you hadn't looked at it.

Further, I'm put off by your complaining to the list without bothering
to send any e-mail to me as the maintainer of the page.  All the pages
have my e-mail address with a comment form at the end.  Your approach
seems to be one of publicly badgering me, the maintainer, into
satisfying your particular complaints, rather than a constructive one.

Frankly, you're the first person who has ever complained.  There are
other people on this list with far more knowledge of the individual boots
than I.  When they have given me feedback on a particular item, I've
included it.
--
$200 fee for all unsolicited commercial e-mail in my mailbox
http://www.xmission.com/~legalize	Legalize Adulthood!