Re: bootleg ratings

Tom, re:

>Rather than just say "send me updates", I'd suggest putting together a
>form or template for folks to fill out for each entry in order to try
>and collect information in a consistent manner.

I agree with the approach (ie "consistent manner"), but I find the problem
lies with the potential reviewer more than the format. For example, I can say
that "Lifehouse Live" (aka The Young Vic '71) sounds fair at best (ie. mono,
off-speed, poor mix, etc), while someone else may think this is the best boot
to hit the market. Who's right??? The problem with setting standards comes
from "who's standards" are we going by AND can we all agree on those
standards?

Due to my location, I'm fortunate enough to have "access" to purchase these
things and I'm in a position to judge them all against each other since I
have them. However, often it can become an "emotional" argument (ie. someone
was at that concert 20 years ago and doesn't care how bad it sounds) rather
than an objective argument. Who is the final judge?

When I went through that list initially, I shook my head at some of the
comments. However, it did put me on the quest for "Soccer Rock/Love Reign
O'er Me", which I can now say I'm happy to have.

So... ???

WF <~