Re: Stuff

The whole thing (about MAGIC BUS) hinges on this: when it was released, it
> was the only place to get those songs. When it was released on CD, it was
> again the only place to get Disguises, Dr. Jekyll, Call Me Lightning,
> Someone's Coming, Doctor Doctor, and Bucket T.
> So...

Thing is, when I was collecting records, and I got Magic Bus as part
of the Track double albums, I just figured it was kinda like the
Capitol Beatle releases.. It's like, oh, well, hey this is what we
get.  I know now we can be hyper critical and are spoiled by some
nice remixing and remastering, which I am, but in them days them
records jest sounded like that!  I recall that Heat Wave and Disguises
were without a doubt the worst sounding mixes of all recording history...
At least non-bootlegged, and even then some bootlegs just flat out
sound better than them.

For more rambling:  The remix Heat Wave is still just a tich better.. not
a lot.  Disguises a bit better than that... Other songs have benefitted so
much by remixing that one wonders what drugs the studio and vinyl engineers
were on when they laid these puppies down in the first place!!

And finally, hell, you want filler?  How many damn greatest hits Who
albums do we need?  To this day they keep crankin' em out.  So Magic
Bus was by no means the last of it... O.K. we've got the rarities,
Odds and Sods, Who'sand Two's Missing.  I love 'em all.  But
then there's the Hooligans,
Join Together, and help me somebody on all the others....

Later...

Jeff