Quad

Re K. Winn`s post, well, I knew some people wouldn`t agree with me (so far
only one), but if I may be permitted a rebuttal: first, "Mo" was a typo (for
Moon). I see nothing on Quad which Moon did which shows the power or
subtlety of his best playing on Tommy or WN - someone once wrote that Moon`s
last great performance on an album was on Behind Blue Eyes -  I fully agree.
So, Moony`s work on Quad was okay - by HIS very high standards. Regarding
guitars, I said they were weak "by and large", thus admitting exceptions,
some of which K. Winn mentioned, although the chording on The Real Me still
sounds weak, or slack, to me - it sounds pro forma in relation, say, to the
electric guitars on WGFA, or Pinball Wizard, or Pictures of Lily, or I`m
Free, not to mention LAL.  I was looking on Quad for that kinetic, up-front
power chord style PT had maintained throughout a number of (otherwise)
different   albums before Quad, but on the latter he largely abandoned his
signature guitar sound, and never returned to it thereafter on record, IMO,
and isn`t I`m One acoustic, or mostly so ? Sorry, but for me Pete`s guitar
was mainly an electric sound...). I don`t think one can dismiss the problem
by saying it`s a mixing problem, or whatever. The band has to approve the
final result, and is responsible for it. Regarding Daltrey, he had trouble
reaching the high notes on a number of Quad songs, not least The Real Me and
Love Reign O`er Me, and to me he lost a little more power on each post-Quad
release, as did PT and Moon, although JAE actually got better - so did PT`s
singing, of course. But I loved the live (electric) I`m One, Kevin. Cheers.