Re: MCA Reissues

Something really pisses me off about Pete looking back and wanting to cut
Quad because, in retrospect, it looks "bloated."  Every day, I seem to
think that Pete just has no clue what the hell he wants anymore.  Cutting
a part, be it four minutes or whatever, that was a PART of the original
album because NOW he has problems with it is totally cheap.

When I listen back to my own band's tapes, and I hear bum notes, I would
never think of deleting them from the tape for the sake of sounding
better.  It's part of what makes the song what it is.  Same with the 4
minutes of Quad- they might only be 4 minutes- but obviously it is
important to have them around.

I do agree that if we are gonna expand to two discs, we really should
some bonus tracks.  A nice "Bell Boy," "Sea and Sand," etc.  And then
there IS the unused piano from Quad, and Pete's demos- as far as I
remember, there are two different demos of "Dirty Jobs," just as an
example of something that Who fans would love.

Jay

              Jason Hare  <hare@acsu.buffalo.edu>
      		   "Time is fleeting" RHPS
        "Got such a feeling as the sun goes down..." -- Queen
          Copywight 1996 Elmer Fudd. All wights wesewved.