Rhino records

There have been a lot of messages lately regarding Rhino records and whether
they have any deal going on with JAE and/or RD.

One of my best friends worked at Rhino for a few years and said it was
generally Rhino's policy NOT to mention that they knew anything about any
artist that they were in negotiations with.  One needs to remember that Rhino
is constantly in negotiations with many artists and sometimes they make a
deal and often times (eg. Frank Zappa) great deals fall through

I have asked my friend to contact his friends at Rhino to see what is really
going on.  If/when I get a report, I will post it here.

Also, although Rhino is known for doing a great job when they re-release
catalogs, often they are simply the distributers of a particular label and
don't have much control over the new packaging, etc.

BTW, The Rhino Record stores have very little to do with the Rhino Record
label.  If I recall correctly, the label owns less than 5% of the two stores.

Finally, one of the best benefits of knowing someone who works for Rhino, is
that they get 10 free CD's per month and are allowed (and almost encouraged)
to give them to their friends...