Re: MCA Reissues

I would only add one more thing re: the cutting of four minutes from
_Quad_.  MCA is RESISTING the move, while Townshend and Astley are urging
it on.  Why is MCA resisiting it?  Because by keeping those four minutes
of ocean waves and rain they can double the price of the CD without
increasing their production costs at all.  Astley wants it on one CD to
make it more affordable to people who have not bought the albunm thus far
because of its inflated price, and Townshend wants to cut it because, in
hindsight, he finds the record (asnd I quote) "bloated."  Brilliant it is,
no doubt: it is one of the records I'd probably take with me to the moon.
But, in places at least, bloated it also is as well.  So please don't
imagine that MCA is trying to rip us off by editing the four minutes: the
real rip-off lies in leaving them in.

Now, leaving the record at two CDs with tons of bonus tracks--that's
different.  But I haven't heard anything about that.

Marshall