MCA Re-issues

Greetings!

My first time on the list.  I'm wondering if anyone out there has any new
news on the next MCA re-issues.  I know _Tommy_is due out in about two
weeks, but what is the status of _Quad_?  I've heard that Pete wants to
edit 4 minutes from the original recording in order to fit the re-issue on
one CD, a move I would applaud.  A couple of minutes of sea noise,
thirty-seconds faded out of "Sea and Sand" and "Drowned," a minutes from
"Dr. Jimmy"--no problem.  But MCA sez it is frightened of hate mail from
Who fans.  Any news there is helpful.

Other things about the MCA re-issue project I'd like to know about:

1) What is going to happen to all the non-LP singles that haven't
appeared yet except on the box set?  So far, there has been no re-issue
of "Substitute," for instance.

2)  What's the status of the old _Odds and Sods_ album, one of my faves?
Much of that material has shown up as bonus tracks already, yet there's
still lots of odds and sods to go, not least of which are the studio
versions of some of those Lifehouse tracks left off the _Who's Next_
re-issue ("Naked Eye," "Water," "Put the Money Down").

3) I heard a rumor that someone was going to issue a double-CD recording
of The Who's complete "Isle of Wight" performance.  Anay truth that we
know of?

4) What about that ten-year live retrospective ballied about some two
years ago?

Anyway, sorry if these topics have been talked to death already on the
listserve.  As I say, I'm new, and I thought this would be as good a way
as any to access this kind of information--information which I obsess
about, for some reason. That such a thing as this listserve even exists
provides me with comforting knowledge that I am probably not alone in
harboring this obsession. . . .  Look forward to hearing from anyone with
news to share!

Marshall'
Atlanta, GA
jboswel@emory.edu