re: Who In Sweden Book/CD

Hello from CVC Collectables,
I just received a fax from my UK supplier and he is finally able to get the
Swedish only book called "The Who In Sweden", which is a terrific publication
loaded with photos taken on the Who's several Swedish tours.  The vast
majority of these have never been published before in any previous format.
 The tours ranged from 1966 to 1972, for the most part, with a special
emphasis on the tours of the 60's.  As a special bonus, the book also comes
with a limited CD of Swedish bands doing various Who tunes that were recorded
during the 60's and issued as various 45's by the bands.  That's the good
news, now for the bad:
Due to exchange rate differences between the Swedish Kroner, the UK Pound and
the US Dollar, plus the fact that the publisher of the book evidently does
not have a wholesale distributor price available and he sells the book to my
UK supplier for the same price as to retail customers via mail (like Frank
Zappa did with his LP series) makes the book an expensive propostion.  I will
be asking $100 plus shipping for it.  Before you start crying over that
price, due to my cost plus the 4 per cent duty and freight I have to pay from
the UK, I really should be selling it at $125!  I'm willing to not make money
on this so those Who fans who can't get the book any other way (myself
included) can get the book.  I have seen a copy and it is the best Who book
to come out in YEARS!!!!!
If you are interested in getting copies please let me know as soon as
possible.  It must be prepaid to CVC before I can place your order with my
supplier in the UK.  Shipping will be $5 extra and includes insurance via
UPS.
By the way, I have asked my UK supplier to see if anything can still be done
about the price.  If for any reason it can be lowered I will refigure the
exchange rates and come up with a new retail price and will refund the
difference to each person who orders a copy.  I will only be able to do this,
however, if the price reduces before I place any first orders.  If it goes
down after the first orders are placed then there's nothing I can do.  I hope
you understand.

Finally, for the benefit of those who ordered "Flash Fearless" CD's from me
at the retail of $25, someone recently posted that Worldwide CD sells them
for $18 plus shipping.  I cannot match their price.  Their retail is just
above what I pay for the disc from my supplier in the UK.  Worldwide is
backed by an American import distributor well known for selling things to
large accounts like Best Buy and via Worldwide at prices well below what they
sold them to their retail accounts.  I know from experience as I used to buy
from this distributor until two years ago.  I, and many other small
retailers, stopped buying from them because of this very fact.  It made no
sense to keep buying from them when they supported other businesses that
severely undercut others like CVC.
   If you choose to buy this from Worldwide that's fine with me.  I've been a
record industry veteran since 1971, most of it in the retail area with years
of experience in imports at the retail and distributor levels.  I cannot
understand, as a businessman, how any retailer can sell CD's at just above
wholesale cost and cover their vast expenses like payroll, rents, taxes,
utilities (which businesses pay at much higher rates than individuals) and
inventory costs.  I could not still be in business if I sold CD's at
comparable prices like Best Buy.  By the way, they can't really either.  The
chain is in substantial financial trouble and their stock has plummeted on
the market.

The reason I am going through all of this is to level with the Who people and
to let them know that I operate CVC in the best businesslike manner I can but
that I also have to make a profit to cover costs and my living expenses as
well.  If I can sell something at a lower price I am more than happy to do
so, and I regularly do.  I want to be able to sell you the Who things you are
looking for and I will do so in the best way I can.  I feel you deserve this
explanation as to why I can't lowball CD prices and make a living.
Thanks for your time reading this.  I will happily answer all questions and
I'm sure there's more than a few Whoies out there reading this that have
dealt with CVC over the years that will tell you I'm a square guy to deal
with.  I appreciate their endorsement.
Keep on moving,
Greg Biggs
CVC Collectables