Re: No Subject

Ian, re:

>According to the back of the CD, it says "Studio Recordings
>1970".  That right there (though false) would raise interest since Who's
>Next was recorded in May 1971.

A) Bootlegs aren't the most reliable source of information. B) My first
assumption on this, was that they were Pete Townshend demos. C) See A.

>>I would think that after owning the second generation MCA LP's and their
CD's that the songs needed improvement.  You would think that if they went
back to the original masters (not what you hear on many of the previous MCA
material) that you would hear songs in close to their original state,
hopefully a cleaner version which means better.  Even the new Quick One is
cleaner which is a definate improvement, I just don't like the mixes.  I also
realize that this isn't Astley's fault since he was working with what he had.

"Original state"? I have all the "original state" stuff. Some of the new CD
stuff sounds better, some doesn't. As for "A Quick One", the 1st issue UK CD
sounds better than the recent issue. It's pure mono and it's clean. What Jon
had to work with was a lot better than what we got. And, what we got was a
matter of "choice"...

>> Obscure material is one thing, it's when you seek out the same exact album
from some other part of the world that it gets a little redundant.

That's not what you previously said. As for redundancy, there are merits...
for example, "The Who Sell Out" from Austrialia has Keith with Clearisil
instead of Medac. To you that may be nothing, to others it may be everything.
Go argue with art collectors while you're at it... Me, I like variations,
whether it be a mix or a picture...

-wf