Re: favorite songs as a kid

KLT wonders:

>What WAS that first song that got you thinking about music or that you
>first really noticed?  I think we all have one that we can say was the
>first music that really caught our attention when we were real young.
> For me it was "Tutti Fruitti" by Little Richard.  Closely followed by
>"Day Tripper" by those other guys from England (that guitar line and
>tamborine used to send *shivers* up my spine).  This was after a steady
>diet from my grandparent's Victrola of hard-core C&W (Hank Williams,
>Patsy Cline, Johnny Horton, etc).

I don't remember the exact song, but my most personal musical tastes have
so far evolved thusly:

                       CSN -> Neil Young
                      /                   Hendrix -> The Who -> PT
 * Beach Boys -> Byrds -> Beatles ->  ->                \
                  /   \          \       Pink Floyd      \
          Tom Petty   Dylan     Lennon              Small Faces

The only one I don't really listen to most ever anymore is the Beach Boys....
My current listening mix is 40% Pete, 30% Who, and 30% everything else.  I
perform mostly Dylan, though.

NP: Pete, "Crashing By Design"