Re: New PJ Song -- "Leaving Here"

> me it sounds like some kind of cross between maybe "Sedan Delivery"
>> (which I *love*, BTW) and the Yardbirds' "For Your Love."  To my ears
>> it's almost got a 60s sound of some sort.
>
>It's a cover of a 1960's song.  Can't think of the name off the top of my
>head, but Pearl Jam didn't write it.
>
>Mahlon
Hey whosters & rusties (as this has been discussed on both lists)
  I'm racking my brains & my record collection trying to remember who did the
original
of this one!!  It's a Holland-Dozier-Holland tune (AKA Motown) which is best
known for the classic version by the legendary Downliner's Sect as well as
the not quite as legendary version by The Birds (not the Byrds) with Ron Wood
& Kim gardiner.  I would guess its an obscure tune as a lot of the Brit & US
bands were apt to cover his tunes as this time, i.e. The Who (& later The
Band)- Baby Don't  Do It, & Butterfield Blues Band - One More heartache.

best, A Friend Of yours (GaryM)