Re: Entwistle--West Chicago

>John, a 4 piece band is no excuse -- wasn't the Who a 4 piece band??

In defense of both Johns (the performer and the e-mail author), I wouldn't
expect just any old 4 piece band to live up to The Who's standard, even if
one of the four was once in The Who!

>What pissed ME off was that we got in there at 8:00 and we didn't get to
hear
>Entwistle until after 12:00.  He could have had more consideration for his
faithful
>fans -- I was so tired I couldn't stay for the encore, which Stu said was
great.

I mentioned a couple disappointments in my earlier posting, but I forgot to
mention the very late start.  However, I'm not sure John and his band were to
blame.

>Really the only one who was up to par was JAE himself -- the rest of the
band didn't do
>that well, IMO.

I couldn't see the drummer, and the keyboardist was basically a nonentity,
but Godfrey Townsend seemed okay.  At least he was enthusiastic (in contrast
to some complaints I've heard about Pete in '82 or '89).

>I wish they could have found a better place to play.

It looks like they have found a better Chicago venue, and only a month from
now!