Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 42

> Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 21:06:22 -0500
> From: "Michael D. Mullins" <mullins@ecn.purdue.edu>
> Subject: Re: See Me, Feel Me
>
> Eric,
>    When the Who did "See Me, Feel Me" live, they would close it with the
> Em-B-A chord riff from "Go To The Mirror," usually doing it three times and
> then ending on Em.  This sounds very impressive.

Que?  You posted exactly the answer I was going to, concerning a good
way to close See Me Feel Me (check the Woodstock movie soundtrack for
an example), but I'd bet big bux that the E you mention is major, not
minor.

^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^*

> From: DDAJon@aol.com
> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 03:56:05 -0500
> Subject: Pete's guitar playing
>
> There is one aspect of the Who that has always puzzled me.  And that is, why
> did Pete play acoustic guitar on the 1989 tour.

I'm sure you'll get numerous opinions on this, and am equally sure
that the only correct answer would be one coming from Pete (and maybe
not even then), but IMHO it was because he didn't want to build up
people's expectations about him becoming the guitar madman of old, on
cue, 4-5 nights a week for three months.  Meshing in nicely to this
main reason was his well-known interest in trying new things, so he
brought in the 11 extra musicians (15 - 4) including a guest lead
guitarist, and just came out with an acoustic on (with which he did
thrilling work, BTW) to defuse expectations from the outset; then,
when and as the spirit moved him, he could (and did) blow the sox off
the audience with electric work.

The tinnitus problem, while I don't doubt he has, was given lots of
playup in the press (remember the pre-tour reports that he would have
plexiglass sound shields around him?), saying that loud music hurt his
ears so much that he couldn't play electric -- again to serve notice
that the tour would be on Pete's terms, not the audience's.

To repeat: IMHO.

^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^* ^*

Oh, and for Gary, who wasn't having any luck getting onto the
digestified version, the following should work:

> Requests to be added to or deleted from The Who mailing list should
> be sent to majordomo@mpath.com with the following in the body of the
> message (NOT the Subject: line):
>
> unsubscribe thewho
>
> subscribe thewho-digest

If that doesn't work you'll need to send e-mail to the list owner,
the address of which I'm too lame to have recorded :-).

--
Alan McKendree          amck@eden.com           512-478-9900
Adhesive Media, 101 W. 6th St., Ste. 210, Austin, TX   78701