Who Novice Speaks Out

My husband is the Who Nut in our family (well, kind of) but I was skimming
through the last issue of the digest and just can't resist putting in my two
cents' worth...especially in regards to just really how great The Who is....

For the record, I didn't really have a clue as to who The Who was when I met
(and married) my husband three years ago.  Okay, so I was an only child and
didn't have any brothers and sisters playing their records when I was growing
up.  Honestly, about the first music I can remember liking is Duran Duran and
The Go-Gos, and that was when I was in college!  So I guess you can say I
really missed out as a kid.

In any case, I met my husband, started dating, and wondered what on earth he
was doing with the rotten old broken guitar in his living room.  I finally
asked and I got a lecture on Pete Townshend and broken guitars....what an
education!  Heck, I didn't even know who Pete Townshend was (and he still
married me!)  I've learned a lot about rock and roll in the past few years,
and A LOT about The Who, and one day when I put on his new Live at Leeds CD I
about fell over!  What a band!  What a great record!  And where in the heck
was I when they were touring (oh yeah, third grade).

For what it's worth...I can listen to The Who all day long, but put on a Led
Zep tune and I want to gnash my teeth....I'll die happy never hearing
Stairway to Heaven again...

Karel Lea Biggs