Re: The Who Vs The Rest

>Also, please refrain from saying that the Who's influence
>can be seen in Green Day.  Green Day reflects the lack of
>musical standards prevalent in today's alternative music.

Cliff:

Thanks for adding your British perspective of this debate.
But I've got to say, whether or not Green Day comes up to the standard of
The Who (and I never said they did), they were influenced by them...and they
are a vital, exciting band (no matter their depth or lack thereof).
But influenced by The Who they were; their album KERPLUNK even features My
Generation.
Perhaps you would rather me use Oasis and Blur...which also "owe" to The
Kinks as well. There are so many bands I could have used...I was looking to
prove that the front of today's music was influenced by The Who...and Green
Day IS on the front line.

              Cheers                            ML

NP: Blur, "Stereotypes"