Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #641

Fellow Who Fans:
I saw the movie Jerry McGuire the other night and was surprised to to hear 2
Who songs at the beginning of the movie.  Also the trailor released 30 - 60
days ago had
" let my love open the door " but it was not played in the movie. Are the
boys now selling rights to the motion picture industry?  I am curious to hear
whether you all feel that this enhances or dilutes the impact and importance
of our favorite band?

Also, that night I was Channel surfing and came across a Wizard Of Oz
Production
on a PBS Channel. I was shocked to see that Roger Daltrey was playing the
Tin Man. (As well as Jackson Browne as Straw Man, The Actor who was Robin
Williams lover in the movie 'Les Cage Aux Faux' as the Cowardly Lion and Buck
Henry as the Narrator) Does any one know the history of this?

Please Let Me Know,

Thanks,

Lance in Denver
E-Mail: Andover@aol.com