What a Night!!!

Went to the Quad gig at Earls Court last night,  and I have to say it was
the best night of my life.  The boys were on form- Pete, strrrrrumming
away on his acoustic (it was good to see him on the electric during the
encore),  Rog, what a voice (hitting the high notes with apparent ease,
and John,  who played his little heart out,  especially on 5:15 with his
five minute bass solo.  It was a treat to see them play some of the older
stuff as well,  including a brilliant version of "Naked Eye".  PJ Proby
as the godfather was a treat,  and we all went wild with Billy Idol as
the Ace Face.  By the way-  Zak Starkey is the next Keith Moon,  he is
the best drummer I have seen
How good it was to see Pete windmilling at the end of it.  I nearly cried.
One thing worried me- at the end Pete said "Thats it,  we're f****d,
thats the end".  Did he mean the end of the concert or the end of the Who
forever???  If Pete, or any of the boys reads this list,  never finish,
you are the greatest rock and roll band in the world.  LONG LIVE ROCK

Matty Boy

P.S.  My jackets gonna be cut slim and checked
      Maybe a touch of seersucker with an open neck
      I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat
      Wear my wartime coat in the wind and sleet
                                              Pete Townshend "Quadrophenia"