Remastered Tommy CD

I found the Decca 45 version of "I'm Free/We're Not Gonna Take" it at a
used record store this weekend in Montreal and I decided to compare it
to the newly remastered CD.  Besides the fact that the 45 sounds
scratchy, I noticed that the left and right channels for the songs are
reversed compared to the CD.  So I dug out the original vinyl lp copy of
Tommy and A/B'ed it to the CD.  You'll find that the CD has the channels
reversed.  This is especially noticeable on Pinball Wizard.  Does anyone
know why this was done?  Also, the CD has many spots on it that have
"clicks", especially the intro to We're not gonna take it.  Does anyone
know what happened here?

Regards, Kent (the Lurker)