Re: Who books news

Hello gang,

Here's the latest news from the U.K. regarding some new Who things:

1) The Pete Townshend biography "Behind Blue Eyes" was released three weeks
ago in Britain but ALL the copies sold to the country's bookstores and NONE
were available for export.  I spoke to my supplier today and he said he
should be receiving them in the next week or so.  Price is $40 plus shipping.

2)  The fabulous book "The Who In Sweden" should also be back in during the
next two weeks as well.  It still comes with the CD of Who covers as well.
 For those that don't know about it it is a photo documentary of every Who
tour of Sweden lovingly compiled into a wonderful, and very large, book.  The
CD has 60's Swedish bands doing Who covers - some of the original records for
those are very rare.  This book was published last year in Sweden ONLY and is
one of the finest Who books ever!
Price should be able to hold at the $68 plus shipping as when I had some a
few months ago.

3)  The release date for The Who - Isle of Wight CD and 2 LP set has been
pushed back to September 8th from August 27th.  I do not have price info yet
but the CD should be about $30 and the 2 LP set $27 if they hold true to form
as other items of that type.

Here's the news:  due to too many people getting ahold of me and wanting some
of these items (as well as the recent redo of the Maximum R & B book) and
then when I get them in for them and contact them, they don't get back to me
or don't want the item any longer, CVC Collectables now, unfortunately, must
impose a new system in order to guarantee sales.  From now on, if you want
one of these new items, you must include a credit card (which will not be
billed until the item comes in) or immediately send a check/money order to
secure the item.  If I don't get that information then I cannot gurarantee
that you will get the item when they come in stock.  Those that do secure the
order will be taken care of first and foremost.

I hate to do this but I would have been stuck with several hundred dollars of
items had I not been able to sell them at record shows that I do all over the
country.  I am in the business to make money and it takes a great deal of it
to keep the bills paid.  I am the easiest person in the world to work with
but I have to have some protection here as well.  I promise to give you the
best service possible if you do business with me and if there's a problem I
will take care of it for you to the best of my ability.  But you must
understand my side of this as well.

If you have already asked me for any of the above items please get back to me
with your credit card information or you can contact me about how much to
send in your check/money order.  If you have already done this - I really
appreciate it and your items will be shipped within 24 hours of CVC getting
the items in stock.  If there are any questions here about this new policy
please don't hesitate to ask.  I look forward to serving each of you with
your Who needs.

Sincerely,
Greg Biggs
CVC Collectables