Re: Irish Jack affording to tour..The first and only time I ran into Irish Jack was in the lobby of the famed Watergate Hotel where I was staked out in an attempt tomeet the band during the '89 tour (I was younger then). I remember him appearing physically "frail", at least in my opinion at the time, butfull of "heart"

The first and only time I ran into Irish Jack was in the lobby of
the famed Watergate Hotel where I was staked out in an attempt to
meet the band during the '89 tour (I was younger then). I remember him
appearing physically "frail", at least in my opinion at the time, but
full of "heart".  This is why I recently asked if he was still
with us.  To attempt to answer the question of how a retired
postman (I believe?) can afford to tour with the Who, I do
remember him stating that the band had picked up the tab for his
entire trip.  Apparently, long ago he reached a status of
friendship with the Who that inviting him along for portions of any
tour were considered business as usual. All in all, that was a rather
interesting day for this Who fan, and in the near future I would
be more than willing to tell the entire story, but I fear others
may not think it as interesting as I fondly remember it....Who khows..?

Glenn