Re: MST3K Who?

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Kishel, Carl wrote:

> If anyone has watched Mystery Science Theater 3000 (the sarcastic show on
> Comedy Central with the robots throwing comments in a movie theater) you
> might have noticed an occasional reference to The Who. The episode with
> Kathy Ireland has two (Rough Boys and Tommy) and the newly released
> motion picture version has one about Pete and his hearing. Are there any
> Misties on this list who have noticed other references? One of the
> writers of MST3K has to be a Who fan. If you've never checked the show
> out and want a good laugh you can see it at 2am Sun-Fri and 5pm Saturdays
> or catch the movie now playing.........
>
> CarlK
> ckishel@gateway.opm.com
>
> track records (click) track records (click) track records (click) track
> records (click) track recor

On another episode, Joel had a guitar that was hinged so that it could be
smashed and then quickly put back together which mentioned Pete.

BTW, Comedy Central has not renewed MST3K, the producers (Best Brains) are
trying to find a new home (maybe the SciFi channel).

Hoping the MST3K movie makes it to a theater near me...

Paul Carter:   <carter@aix1.ucok.edu>    University of Central Oklahoma
GAT d@ -p+ c++(++++) l++ u++ e+++ m+ s-/- n-@ h--- f+ g+ w+ t++@ r- y?