You lucky London-bound people!

I've been to London three times in the past 15 years. The first visit, in
'81, I was 4 weeks too early for the Royal Wedding. The second visit, in
'85, I was 3 weeks too early for "Live Aid". The third visit, in '89, I
don't think I missed anything but I spent a morning in Hyde Park sitting on
a bench, feeling really sick from too much alcohol the night before.

But anyway, if you're going to be in London, don't miss the Marquee Club
where The Who got their start. The place tends to move every several years,
but it's easily found. They sell T-shirts! Something nice to wear when you
come back to your hometown and no one knows what "Marquee" is.

And by all means, do not miss the Imperial War Museum. It's on Lambeth Road
just south of the river. I understand it's been totally redesigned and
paying customers are now showing up in droves. When I was there it was
still basically a 19th century mental hospital with Nazi warplanes
displayed on the main floors. What a trip!