Re: OPENING ACT IN NYC

>At  9:51 PM 96.4.25 -0400, Artrocity! wrote:
>
>>Reviews of Husker Du's Zen Arcade compared it to QUAD w/
>>its similiar story lines and powerful rock idioms.
>

>I've seen it called the "punk Tommy".

Let me chime in here to say that Husker Du/Sugar are two very fine bands,
and Bob is responsible for that. Intelligent Punk is what I'd call it. I
love everything I've heard by both (being a long-time HD fan back to when
they were on the Indy label).
I cannot imagine anyone who saw BM would have an urge to throw tomatoes. His
music is a direct result of The Who's influence, and a fine example at that.
His Armenia (live with Sugar, on BESIDES) is my favorite Who cover of all time.
Anyway, I regret now more than ever not making the show. Mould would be
worth the trip alone, not to mention Pete.

                   Cheers                   ML