Re: Quad & Lifehouse bootlegs/OPENING ACT IN NYC

Subject: Re: Quad & Lifehouse bootlegs

>songs. So, being somewhat of a Bootleg Virgin, what are people's most highly
>recommended bootlegs of Pete doing Quad or Lifehouse material? A bootleg

>My first bootleg, "Who Dunit? live concert [sic]" (vinyl) has demos of
>`Going Mobile', `Behind Blue Eyes', `Love Ain't For Keeping', several
>outtakes and bootlegged singles (but nothing live).

Having shelled the $50 last night (thank you all for your responses on prices
-- I did attempt to guilt him into a lower price; he complained of an
additional middle-man) and subsequently staying up late to listen to the
Lifehouse and Quadrophenia Demos CD, I was surprised to hear what sounded
like a dusty vinyl source for Song Is Over -- worse than my warp-beleagured
Genius of PT vinyl. On first listen it sounded like a different version of
Pure and Easy, too.

If anything, it was worth it to replace listening to Genius of PT as it has
the same material.

I would like to get a hold of the 'Drowned' demo. There certainly was room on
L&Q Demos for it.

>RE: OPENING ACT IN NYC

As far as Bob Mould is concerned, Husker Du took the reigns as one of the
loudest groups of the 80s. Trying to compensate for 3 instruments (a la
another band we know). I'm assume he'll be playing acoustic at these shows,
though. A bit of vainglory: Grant Hart, the drummer for husker du; his
girlfriend and son used to live next door.
Litgo