Boycott The Who in '96

If you don't think that the surviving members of the band that was once The
Who should be performing either at Hyde Park, on MTV Unplugged, or at the
House of Blues or wherever:

DON'T GO TO THE CONCERT / DON'T WATCH TV / DON'T BUY THE CD

If you don't think that Tommy or Quadrophenia or Iron Man should be made into
Broadway musicals or books or CD-ROMS or reunion tours with "guest stars" and
orchastras:

DON'T GO OR WATCH OR READ OR WHATEVER

I was about 4 years old when The Who performed Tommy on stage.  I would have
loved to have been aware and old enough to see it back then.  BUT IT'S THE
90'S.  I never had a chance to see Keith Moon live in concert.  I still think
the remaining members are talented and I will most probably be interested in
whatever Townshend et. al. are doing 20 years from now.

Is anyone on this list doing the same thing they were doing 20 years ago?
 Are you in the same occupation?  If not, why do we expect The Who to be
doing the same thing they were doing 20 years ago.  (For a little
perspective, Quadrophenia is celebrating its 23rd birthday this year)  Even
if I accomplish great things today or anytime during my life, I hope to move
on to something else even if it isn't popular or as great.

I'm a fan.  I will probably consume whatever it is they (The Who) are
offering whenever they offer it and appreciate it for where it is at the time
they offer it.

See ya next week at the Fillmore.
-Gordie