Ledbetter's Who Notes, blah de blah

Note 1: ALANIS MORISETTE?!?!?!? You know, I never thoguht there would be
anything that could possibly cast even a teeny shadow over my immense
respect for the Who as a group and each of the individual members. Drug
abuse, infidelity, poor personal grooming, all such minor flaws could be
overlooked. After all, this is THE WHO, right? But ALANIS? Who invited
HER? Someone please tell me this is an entry for the greatest Who lie
contest.

Note 2: I am the infamous fifteen year old Who fan! My sole purpose in
life is to spread the Holy Word, the Power and Glory and Majesty and
Loudness of the Who to young people everywhere! So far, I have failed
pretty miserably at this. I did get one of my friends to listen to all
of Quadrophenia and some other stuff and she says she really likes
"Behind Blue Eyes" and thinks Quad is kinda cool...she'll come around
one of these days! And if you think there's a lack of Who fans in their
20's and 30's, you should see the blank looks one gets from people in
their mid-teens when mentioning the Who! How many times have I had THIS
conversation? "...the Who." "Who?" "Yeah." "What?" "The Who." "Who is
the Who?" "The Who is the Who, that's who they are!" (and so on and so
forth) Other such clever comments include: "Are they kinda like the
Beatles?" "Are they from Britain?" and of course, "That's the band about
the blind kid, right?" Insert your own sad comments about the state of
American youth here.

3. I think we should start a letter writing, or possibly letter bribing
campaign to get the Who or at least Pete solo to do an EXTENSIVE tour of
the 'States, particularly one including the Midwest. Or maybe we could
all just pray to Rockrollus, God of Concert Tours. I have two younger
sisters I wouldn't mind offering as a sacrifice...
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com