Re: Have you been to Naples (no Who content)

At 11:49 AM 04/24/96 -0400, you wrote:

>>One of your comments bothered me. You alleged that
>>Naples was a cesspool. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO
>>NAPLES? Have you ever been in the Naples area?
>
>     Yes, to both. I spent about a month in & around
>Naples while on active duty with the Sixth Fleet,
>about 15 years ago. The surrounding countryside was,
>and from your comments I assume still is, beautiful,
>including Capri and the area around Pompeii. OTOH,
>the inner city -- particularly  the "Gut" -- was best
>described as a human cesspool where Shore Patrol
>would not venture and the local police traveled with
>machine guns. The comparison was proper because
>the subject of discussion was midtown London,
>England.

I spent 10 days in Italy last fall (Florence, Rome, Naples and Sicily).
Naples was the low point and cesspool is the word I would have used also.

Joe
-----
Joe Giorgianni
South Glens Falls, NY  12803

If you are interested in the Who and their records please check out my web
page at:

http://www.capital.net/users/giorgian/