Re: Townshend biography material

Dave, re:

>Several attempts with out-of-print book-searching services have so far been
>unsuccessful in locating a copy of Chris Charlesworth's <Townshend: A Career
>Biography>, Proteus Press (now defunct). I wrote to Charlesworth about 2 or
3
>weeks ago -- I may or may not get some helpful info. from him on getting
hold
>of a copy of his book.
>
>Has anyone read this? Is it worth getting? Is it similar in approach to
>Charlesworth's other book with short blurbs about each officially releases
>song by The Who, or is it more of an actual biographical work?

I don't work for Faber & Faber, but... I just got the book about a month ago
after not seeing it for 12 years! The beginning is a bit more interesting
than the usual, but then after awhile it starts blending into the "usual"
stuff and a biographical kinda way... If you find it, great, but if not,
you'll be OK too.

-wf