More About new CD

I noticed that the version of A Friend Is A Friend on the new Pete CD is
different than any version I've heard.  In the middle of the origional song,
Clevlend Watkins, I beleive, would come in with a low singing response "you
need a mate" and "what is the fate".   This is not in new mix.  Also the song
doesn't fade out in the updated version, but has a real ending with a bit
more piano.  I listened to the version on the CD single and promo single,
 thinking maybe I had forgotton something, but these changes weren't from
that.  I didn't pull out any of the vinyl versions I have; I assume they are
the same as on the CDs.  So, maybe this is a new version?  It's definitly
longer (5:01) then anything I've seen.   So now the CD is up the three
unreleased tracks!

later

PDooger