Fillmore 1968 boots

The recent discussion on the list of this bootleg album, now on CD, got me
thinking that I hadn`t played mine in some years, so I got it out to play
it. I have the 13 song Backtrax CD version. Well, the sound is as bad as I
remember, hissy, echoing at points, distant, but it can`t hide the
tremendous energy and sonic power of the performances, some not as
technically proficient as LAL but very exciting nonetheless and probably
stunning for those lucky enough to be there. I wish it was available in a
much stronger sound format. Does the Shakin All Over version represent a
real improvement, say, as big as the change is from Naked Eye, as it sounds
on the expanded Who`s Next, to that performance as heard on the Lifehouse
Live CD? WF, any thoughts here? My favourite song on Fillmore 1968 is Easy
Goin Guy. Just a great groove tune and Townshend`s two lead breaks are just
tremendous: white-hot psychedelic/metal lead playing. He takes a similar but
much longer break on Run, Run, Run on Maximum BBC that`s as good in its way
as the best contemporary solos of the Beck, Page and Clapton trinity ( I`ll
leave Jimi out of this).......Gary M.