Re: Overture

WF, you wrote:

> I'm not Zero Mostel, but... actually the "Overture" from Radio City was
> a bit better than the one on "Join Together" (taken from the LA
> Amphitheater). While they are somewhat similar, when they go into "It's
> A Boy", China (one of the backup singers) sings, "It a boy" and at the
> end, the backup singers sing "A son... A son... etc" as opposed to The
> Who doing (as in Radio City). Now of course, you may have already
> separated the 2 songs, but...

Well, I guess it depends on what you like.  I personally cringe when I
hear Pete die on the high, "It's a boy, Mrs.  WAAALker, it's a boy."  Not
that I love Chynna (and I still have nightmares regarding her hair), but
hearing Pete try and fail kinda hurt.

HOWEVER....the Radio City has the amazing guitar by Pete in between
"Captain Walker" and "It's A Boy" which is twice as long as the little
bit on Join Together....I think Radio City also has Pete forgetting the
words to "Sensation" and "Sally Simpson"...

And Rich:

> I did find it interesting that Roger used her for his NY DST
> shows but that Pete hadn't for his PsychoD shows there

Which I thought was a smart move.  Now, I didn't see the PsychoD tour,
but I saw the PT Live video from BAOM, and you're gonna have to tell me
where the harmonica player came from...I thought he was good, but in the
words of my mother:

"I didn't know Michael Bolton played the harmonica!"

Jay

              Jason Hare  <hare@acsu.buffalo.edu>
		http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~hare
      		   "Time is fleeting" RHPS
	"I like every minute of the day."  -Pete Townshend
          Copywight 1996 Elmer Fudd. All wights wesewved.