New Pete

Got the new PT 'Coolwalkingsmoothtalkingstraightsmokingfirestoking' a few
days early.

Here's the song list again:

1.  Rboys
2.  Let My Love Open The Door
3.  Misunderstood
4.  Give Blood
5.  A friend ia a friend
6.  Sheraton Gibson
7.  English Boy
8.  Street in the City
9.  Pure & Easy
10.  SlitSkirts
11.  The Sea Refuses No River
12.  A little is Enough
13.  Face the face
14.  Uneasy Street
15.  Let My Love Open the Door (e. cola mix)

Good looking packaging.  There is a five side fold-out insert that has fairly
detailed PT comments about each of the tunes (lots of good info).

'Easy Street' (4.39) is a track origionally ment for Psycoderelict.
 Interesting track in the context of Psycoderelict, but nothing to get too
excited about musically, IMHO.  (Kind of an overproduced sound)

The 'LMLOTD (e. cola mix)'  is fantastic!  It's not the dreaded "New and
Improved 90's mix" that so many artists release on a Greatest Hits type
album.  I'm not to sure about the origions of this mix (both the copywrites
are listed as 1980).  There are no more details about it in the CD book,
except that Chris Hughes, Jack Hues, and Tom Oliver are credited with 'remix
& additional production'

The mix itself is totally different.  It is soft and very ethereal sounding
with more emphasis and use of the beginning rise an falling keyboard intro on
the origional version.  The vocals and harmonies are prominent and sound
great.  The percussion, when it's there, takes a backseat.  To me, this
version definately has the real feeling of Pete's intending meaning of the
song (Divine Love - discussed in the CD foldout).  Two thumbs up, way up.

Later,

PDooger