Simon Phillips

>I'd love to go to London to see the show, etc.  but if the Pistols reform
>though I've seen all original members in various bands, but not as a group.

>And if you've never heard any live boots of the Pistols pre-Sid, they were
>great....  Now, back to the Who.  If they DON'T use Simon Phillips (sorry
>folks, the drummers who come out of the woodwork back me up on this) >and
get someone decent, and Pete puts the goddam hearing baffles in his >shot
ears and cranks up some HIWATTS and Les Pauls re the original >sound of Quad,
and
>Daltrey rests his voice till then, then it'll be a pretty good show....
>Even given the evolution on the them Townshend may throw in there, I'm >open
>to it.. Let's see what they can do....

I'm not Jerry Mathers as the Beaver, but although I think Simon Phillips was
a more powerful drummer than Kenney Jones, I always thought his drumming (in
contrast to Keith's) lacked any sense of subtlety or complexity.  Simon just
pounds things out in a kind of heavy-handed way.  He is very good, but not
what you want for a Who drummer.  I've never heard Zack Starkey, but I was
extremely impressed with Steve Luongo when he played drums for the Ox last
month.