Re: Star Trek (a little Who content)

>Disclaimer: I am not discussing DS9 or Voyager, with which I am less than
thrilled.

I agree that Voyager hasn't been too good, but it's still young.  I am
becoming increasingly enthused about DS9, and I think its two-parter at the
start of this season had the best sustained fight scene in any Trek TV show
or movie (Fang noted the absence of good fights in TNG, which is basically
true).

>Why so vitriolic toward Next Gen?

Maybe it it had been titled "Star Trek:  MY Generation," and if Riker had
played PTesque guitar solos with a smashing ending (after all, the
replicators can always make more) instead of cheesy trombone solos, and if
Data had been allowed to sing "905" in one episode (as someone else
suggested) and "Don't Try To Make Me Real" in another (hey, Brent Spiner
released an entire CD of crooning) and if Bev Crusher had danced to "Dance It
Away" instead of sissy music, and if Picard had learned harmonica instead of
some alien flute, then maybe EVERY Who fan would love TNG!

Rich B.