Re: Daltrey Sings Townshend

>>What's next, a Daltrey Does Townshend Reggae tour? He has become an Oldies
>>artist, while Pete continues to make new and vital music. <

>I think it's only fair to add to the above:  and Pete hasn't shared that new
>and vital music with Roger, his long-time "voice."

Mick:

That is true, but on the other hand there's absolutely nothing stopping Rog
from performing Townshend songs to his heart's content. Pete certainly can't
stop him! And he'd get extra moola for it anyway, so I doubt he'd fight it
very hard anyway.

>Roger is singing the music he loves and sings best.  It's not his fault
>they're oldies--he doens't have access to anything else.  While his solo
>material is okay to good, there hasn't been a real "Roger Daltrey" song since
>"Under A Raging Moon."  Obviously, it isn't easy to find another perfect
>match composer--and not likely he will.  Not all of Pete's solo material is
>suitable for RD, but some is.

I don't know about that. A lot of the material on ROCKS IN THE HEAD would
have translated well in concert. And the ones from CWTSTM might have come
off better! Rog has a wealth of material to choose from his solo
career...easily enough for a single CD.
It's always seemed to me that whoever chooses the songs for Daltrey (even if
it's Rog himself) was pretty lame. Amongst the few good sons there are
always ones that make Daltrey appear more an entertainer and less a Rock
singer. I resist that sort of thing from one of the best vocalists Rock has
ever seen...call me a perfectionist, but that's the way I feel. Some things
deserve better than to be diluted by an orchestra (etc).

                   Cheers                   ML