Drums, Casting, Jody, ST:NG, McVicar

Drums:  Yes, Simon does an excellent job playing Who material, but my hands
down choice is Zak Starkey.  Simon is just a little too perfect.  He doesn't
cut loose in that maniacal Keith way.  I saw Zak four nights on the Daltrey
Sings Townshend tour, and he has the power, the explosiveness, and the
groove.  He gets inside of the Keith energy unlike Kenny, Simon, or even
Steve Luongo (who also does a highly credible job).  Frankly, by the end of
the tour, they sounded more like The Who than anything since Keith died.
 Yes, even without Pete onstage.  (I saw both Carnegie Hall shows (w/
Simon)-highly mediocre shows, opening night at Red Rocks in CO, Concord in
the Bay Area, Fresno, and closing night at the Greek in LA-all in the first
three rows.  Great band, great shows!)

Casting:  Don't know if he has any acting ability (his dad, Ringo has managed
to do it), but how about Zak playing Keith?  He's got the body language and
the drumming ability.  Just a thought.

Like the idea of Roger, Pete, and John playing themselves, but same trouble
as R playing Tommy on Broadway.  They're all too damn old.

If Laurence Fishburne can play Othello, why not Michael Dorn as John?  :)

Jody:  I tend to be generally oblivious to anyone but the main four onstage,
but every single person I saw an 89 show with (8 shows), commented on how
extraordinary Jody was.  And even if you don't like her onstage, the rudely
suggestive personal comments about her are way out of line.  It's not like
she's committed any bonafide atrocity like mishandling  the Who catalog.

ST:NG for Expletives:  You're certainly entitled to your opinion, Fang, but I
think Patrick Stewart is twenty times the actor and ten times the captain
that Shatner/Kirk ever was.  From the third season on (yes, the first two
seasons were consistently lame) ST:NG was one of the highest quality shows on
the air.  While occasionally prone to oversoapyness or social prostheletising
(sp?), it consistently demonstrated intelligence, depth, and substance.  I
vote for using the real damn/fucking words.  That's my two cents.

McVicar:  No one answered my request for song by song credits on McVicar.  Is
everyone in the same ignorant boat as I?  Yeah, I've always thought "Waiting
For A Friend" sounded like The Who all around.  And no doubt that's John on
"Just A Dream Away."