Re: Who hates who

>>> I think it's not so much a question of playing the bands you mention too
much so much as it is one of playing the 2-3-4 most famous, most annoying
songs by each band.

> Yes, this is the crux of the biscuit, to steal from Zappa.

        Speaking of which, how much ZAPPA do you hear on the radio?  When he
died, one station in Richmond played "Don't Eat the Yellow Snow".  What the
fuck!  This guy has, like, 60 albums worth of material out, at least half of
which is Rock-oriented.  It's absurd -- there is SO MUCH music that has been
published and pressed, that a radio station (if they had it all!) could play
continuous music, for probably 20 years, and NOT play the same exact tune
TWICE.  (I'm not suggesting THAT, of course..) Actually, I don't care anymore;
other than Howard Stern, I just don't really find myself listening to some
Program Director's idea of a good day's worth of music.  (Maybe 15 songs,
played OVER and OVER again!)
        Even if they PLAYED Led Zeppelin, they could play something like
"Ten Years Gone",  or  "Your Time is Gonna Come",  or one of those tracks from
"King Biscuit" or something.  You know something YOU DON'T HEAR EVERYDAY....!

        Oh, well, yeah -- THAT will happen someday!

        gary m.