Re: hyde park-quad

        At 09:43 AM 4/16/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 96-04-14 13:42:49 EDT,
> WFang01@aol.com writes:
>
>>London would probably be the last European city
>>that I'd recommend visiting... (from a tourist perspective)...
>
>     It can't be more crowded than Tokyo, the weather
>more dreary than Munich in April, or more of a human
>cesspool than Naples -- so I can't say it's the "last"
>place to visit sight unseen -- particular with The Who in
>town <grin>. But if I make it for more than a coupla days,
>I'll probably spend considerable time running around the
>countryside ... wreaking havoc on the wrong side of
>the road ...

Taste is personal. as they say, but I`d have to add that in my experience
London is THE world city to visit, any time, any season, especially for a
rock fan and Who enthusiast. So much of Who and rock mythology is anchored
in London, eg. the Marquee Club (it`s now on Charing Cross Road), the
building where the social club was on Goldhawk Road, Wembley Stadium, the
Circle line, Ealing, Kilburn, of course Shepherd`s Bush, the Doc`s stores in
Camden Town (which has a great atmospheric market on the weekend and music
pubs which evoke the feeling of early 60`s London), the best beer in the
world (bitter on the handpump!), best bookstores in the world, record fairs,
the Oxford Street music stores, street markets galore, comedy clubs, music
clubs of every description, plus all the  history Of London and England, the
charming, low, curved, medieval-looking streetscapes, the river, the
bridges( from one of which Ray  Davies gazed at the sunset which inspired
the song Waterloo Sunset) and not least Hyde Park itself which is very
pretty and pleasant in the summer, especially if one is lucky enough to see
the Who there! Oh I forgot Harrods and...... a million other things about my
favourite city. The countryside by all means, but don`t sell London
short......Gary M.