Re: Who hates whom?

>There is one station, WNEW, who plays The Who once in a while, but not

When I was in high school I used to spend all evenings listening to my table
radio waiting for a Who song on WNEW. But that was ca.'75 and FM rock radio
was still, sort of, in it's `hip' period. Playlists were, supposedly, still
only for top-40 AM stations. WNEW never played enough Who but they played
lots of ELO, ELP, Eagles, etc., etc. and I disliked most of it because it
wasn't The Who.

>enough.  However, thinking back to when there were classic rock stations, I
>would say Bruce Springsteen and Led Zeppelin (the same songs again and
>again) were grossly overplayed.

I see now that any classic rock stations now are really `oldies' stations
the way WCBS was in the '70s, playing '50s songs. To hear almost anything,
even The Who, on `classic rock' stations gives me unpleasant memories of my
past. I don't expect to hear The Who on the radio anymore.
And, yeah, Springsteen was the `darling' of WNEW.