Must be dust in my ears...

I remember seeing a post not long after I joined the list from someone
saying they'd always mistaken the 'bomb' in "Athena" for 'whore'. Me
too! I never knew that wasn't really the line until I saw the lyrics
written out in a file on the WWW. Ah well.
Perhaps my most famous mishearing of a Who lyric is from "However Much I
Booze". For MONTHS I was convinced that Pete claimed to be 'nothing but
a werefox sailor'. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why he'd say
he was someone who turned into a fox every full moon or whatnot, until
once more I found a lyric file and saw that the correct word was not fox
at all, but rather a much stronger word that also begins with the letter
'f'. Imagine my surprise!
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com