Rog faves & "See Me Feel Me"

Hi there!  I fear that I am just beginning to collect Roger's solo albums,
and all I have is "Rocks in the Head".  I was blown away when I realized
that it was he performing "Days of Light"!  The local radio played it ten
times a day when it came out, but I never made the connection!

        My faves are "Unforgettable Opera" (inspiring), "Everything a
Heart...(Willow)" (very mellow - by the way, what relation is Jamie Daltrey,
who sang backing vocal on this track?), and "After the Fire" (heard it on
Roger Sings Who/Townshend).

        I've always had a soft spot for Roger (no Psychoderelict there),
because it seems in the early days (and sometimes later) like Pete picked on
him, and whenever something went wrong he got the blame.  (Did you know that
in the High Numbers days and even the early Who days, he was the singer, the
driver, and the roadie?)  He's also, in my humble opinion, underrated.

        So when in an interview (I can't remember where) he said something
to the effect of "...and some people didn't like me to sing 'See Me Feel
Me'..." I sat up and took notice.  He said that, to the Who, it had never
been about "...hitting the right notes.  Give me a bum note and a bead of
sweat anytime." I just think that it's a shame he felt that way at the time
of the interview; whether you sing it softly or with passion and power, "See
Me Feel Me" is still a great piece.

        Thankx for the voice.

JenniferD
"A Guitar"        _________